Monday, February 11, 2013

Sickness in the House

Jon rarely complains of being sick so when he asked where the thermometer was this past weekend I knew something was up.

Add to that the fact that he spent nearly the entire weekend in bed and asked for some Tylenol and I was feeling a bit uneasy.

But, last night, when he said to me, "wow, my throat has never been this sore before," I knew a trip to the doctor was on tap for today.

Sure enough, the rapid strep test came back positive.  In fact, it took the doctor longer to decide  what to prescribe Jon than the test took.  Jon is allergic to so many antibiotics...Amoxicillin (which includes the whole penicillin family)  and Zithromax give him hives - and I don't mean just a few!  

So he settled on this

 There are only 2 in there because our pharmacy closed at 5:00 so I had it sent to Walgreens. I wanted him to start taking it today...but the cost without insurance was $96.00!!!!!   

Thanks but no thanks....I ended up paying $15.00 for two pills and will get the rest filled tomorrow at the pharmacy that accepts our insurance.

Now I hope no one else gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...