Sunday, August 7, 2016

Tips for Making My Life Easier

I have yet to start work.  I am hoping maybe Tuesday I will be able to venture in, sign a contract, and get this school year in motion.  

Anyway, I thought I would share my tips for making my life easier while working a full time job.  

1). Pack all lunches for the week 

        I picked up these little storage containers at Target a couple years ago for less than $3 and they are amazing

I also have a hot pink and orange one that I did not use this week since three lunches are the most I will need this week.

These are all filled with the same thing...low fat vanilla yogurt. blueberries and raspberries.  

I added a little snack bag of granola also.



Other things I will normally pack in these are hummus and crackers or a half a sandwich and some kind of fruit or sweet peppers, or carrots and celery with ranch dip. 

They stack nicely and I just stick them in a corner of the fridge. 


2).  Menu plan for simple meals and cook as many meals as possible ahead of time.  

Sloppy Joes and Tacos are staples in our house so today I browned two pounds of hamburger and made those two meals for this week.


Two meals...microwave and ready!  

The other two nights we will have 


Easy and easy!  

3). Prepare the coffee for the week

Fill the filters and stack them...


Ready to go...right next to the coffee mugs

4).  Get all the outfits lined up for the week.  I have a feeling I will be wearing a uniform at this job so that will be easy to prepare for.  But, normally, I would pick out all my clothes for the week and line them up in my closet and then do the same with my socks, camisoles, and underwear.  

5). Showers...

I am at the point in my life where it is not necessary to shower every day.  I started this shower routine a couple years ago - mostly to save on hair and shower products - but it works for me...
I shower on Sunday nights, Tuesday nights, and Friday mornings.  
This is so much easier than having to get up early to shower every morning.  

6). Do all cleaning and laundry on Thursday nights

This is strictly a personal preference and began many, many years ago when the kids were young.  Friday evenings were dedicated to Karate and we often didn't get home until 9:30.  Saturdays were reserved for Disney and Sundays for grocery shopping and rest. So I had to do all the cleaning and laundry on Thursday evenings.  This routine just stuck with me and it's so nice to have it all finished and be able to enjoy the weekend without having to do any chores around the house.  


And that is it.  Things I have learned over the years that make my work week easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...