Monday, September 1, 2014

September This and That

It's September and it seems like the weather just got the memo a couple weeks ago that it's summer.  Of course, this coincided perfectly with the start of school.  Even with new computers, my room at school is as hot as ever! So that makes things fun.  

The apartment complex I currently live in decided it would be a great time to remove and replace all the cement - the sidewalks, path, and steps.  Not a huge deal except in the process they dug up all the surrounding grass leaving nothing but dirt...which, of course, turns into mud when it rains.  Which, of course, it has been doing lately.  Muddy dog paws and footprints on my new carpet makes one unhappy mama.  I bought some carpet cleaner on Friday evening and it's half gone already.  

Zack and I had big plans to order a pizza and watch the Gator game on Saturday night.  I even took measures to order extra channels from a cable package.  When I arrived home with the pizza at game starting time, I discovered the game was delayed because of lightning in the area.  Zack and I checked on weather.com and noticed the only bad weather was directly over Gainseville and wasn't really moving anywhere anytime soon.  Finally two hours later, even though it was still raining pretty hard, the lightning stopped and they decided to start the game.  Idaho kicked off to Florida who returned it 75 yards to the 10 yard line and that was it...more lightning in the area and the game was cancelled.  Seriously disappointing.  

Zack has yet to start school and he won't be starting yet tomorrow because his classroom DVD's haven't arrived yet - despite paying an extra $8.00 for 2 day delivery so they would be here by tomorrow.  After ordering and paying for the curriculum I discovered because he was in high school he needed to be in their accredited program or he would only be eligible to receive a GED and not a high school diploma.  So needless to say the accredited program required different dvd's which we are still sitting here waiting for.  He will have lessons, homework, and teachers he will need to submit his work to for grading.  All of his teachers have already contacted him via e-mail.  

I am missing my boys every day.  Something about being so close to being near them makes every day seem longer.  Maybe that doesn't make sense but it's the best way I can explain it.  

So that's what is going on lately...we are boring, boring, boring people!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...