Monday, September 22, 2014

More Squirrel Watching

I've always loved dogs.  According to my mom, I would crawl into the living room when I would hear the Lassie theme song on the television.    

So I guess it's kind of surprising that Ollie is only the second dog I've owned.  

I got my first dog when I was about 11.  He was a Sheltie...a great family dog,  and a herding dog at heart (since Sheltie is short for Shetland Sheepdog).

Ollie is completely different...he is a great family dog too....but he is a terrier - a hunter at heart. He sniffs the ground and picks up scents and he hones in on moving little critters and stalks his prey. If we are outside or on a walk, that means sneaking up on his intended victims and then taking off after them in a full out sprint. Don't worry, he never catches them.

 But if he is inside, he can only watch from afar and dream of the hunt.  

He becomes so focused on his targets and starts shaking and breathing heavily.  Yesterday morning he hit the jackpot when three squirrels were frolicking outside our kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...