Friday, May 16, 2014

How About Orlando?

One of the reasons I chose to wait another year before moving to Florida is financial.  Without getting into specifics here...let's just say I will have a lot more money next year at this time.

Like enough money to just be able to pick a city and settle in and then worry about finding a job.  And if I have to spend a year without teaching, I will be okay financially.

The feeling of knowing I can settle anywhere in Florida that I want to is a little bit euphoric for me.  I have to remind myself to settle down...breathe....take deep breaths....it's still a year away.

I always thought I would want to return to the Palm Coast/Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach Area.  After all, I am familiar with the surroundings there and it is close to my parents and sister.  It's a busy area but not overly busy except during tourist times like the Daytona 500, Pepsi 500, Bike Week, or Biketoberfest.  And you just learn how to stay away from certain places during those times.  

I still may settle there...but lately, Orlando has moved up my list to #1. I never saw myself there because...well...confession time...I'm not the most patient of drivers on the road (and I can hear my son's laughing out loud) and, let's face it, Orlando is packed with tourists who have no idea on God's green earth where they are going.  But the idea of living near my son's again and being near all the things in Orlando that we want to do (Magic season tickets...Disney passes) is making this the #1 contender right now.  

Plus, as a bonus, I know my son can get me a part-time job at Universal Studios should I need the extra income.  

So...lots to think about.

Good thing I have a whole year to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...