Friday, May 23, 2014

Another Year---Done

Yesterday was the last day of school.  Unbelievable.

One one hand this year went so incredibly fast but on the other hand this year has been a long, difficult one.

In Zack's case, he had a teacher this year who was (in my opinion) terrible.  She piled on the homework, (which he had a hard time keeping track of because of ADHD), was very rigid,  she was not very kind, and, to top it all off, she was very unorganized.  At any rate, Zack would have made the honor roll again this year with all A's and B's if it weren't for her rigid and unbending ways when Zack was dealing with a medication change in the middle of the year.  His other teacher's were very helpful in making special accommodations for him during that four week time span...but not her!  Anyway, he ended the year with a 79% in her class this semester which cost him academic honors.  He otherwise had all A's and B's this year. I'm proud of him.

He will "graduate" from 8th grade next week and I will no longer have him in computer class so I had to take a picture on his last day by the computer he has sat at the past three years. 
Love how his friend is photo bombing behind him

I'm gonna miss him. In fact, I'm gonna miss his whole class (more on that later).

I have cleaned out my room and am ready for summer.
Before

After

I'm excited for summer...sun, sleeping in, reading some books, picnics, and walks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...