Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mt. Olympus

Each year the 8th graders from our school take a class trip.  The last few years they have gone to Wisconsin Dells to the Mt Olympus theme park.  It has an indoor and outdoor water park as well as an indoor and outdoor theme park.  

A few weeks ago an e-mail came through from school begging for chaperones and I thought it would be a great time so I volunteered.  

It was a bit cool at first and I was worried that no one would be able to swim - not to worry they swam anyway!!  And the sun came out and it warmed up to almost 80*.






I spent the morning walking around with the two shyest and quietest girls in the class.  Neither would speak up and suggest anything they wanted to ride or do so we ended up riding the go-karts, walking around, walking around some more, watching some people go on rides, walking around some more, dipping our feet in the water, and walking around.



It was their day and I wanted them to control what they did...but it didn't work too well. After lunch I was delegated to the pool area for a while watching the students bags and shoes and things.



For a time I passed off the belongings to another chaperone and went to the indoor water park with Zack and his buddies.  Everyone ended the day at the wave pool where the students jumped in with reckless abandon, whether they had swimsuits on or not, and got soaked!  Then thought they could climb in people's vehicles with wet clothes...NOT!



On the way home we stopped for a pizza buffet dinner and three of the five occupants of my vehicle fell asleep on the way home - one of them wasn't me thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...