Friday, February 28, 2014

So...This Happened Today


No. 1 Florida Gators basketball (26-2, 15-0 SEC) clinched the outright regular-season 2014 Southeastern Conference Championship on Thursday night without even stepping foot on the hardwood.

I was afraid that was going to come down to the last game vs. Kentucky at home.  But no such worries because Kentucky lost again last night.  

"Spring" Break starts today. The quotation marks surrounding Spring are referencing the predicted temperatures from the last post.  I plan to spend my break sitting next to the fireplace and watching movies.  I was considering getting a tooth pulled (such excitement) It's not bothering me but is the last bit of dental work I need done so I have been waiting for 2014 for insurance benefits to begin again.  However, my oral surgeon decided to take a vacation next week too. The nerve!  So that has been scheduled for March 18.

Zack has found himself in a bit of trouble at school yet again...so it has been fun dealing with that today.  It is something that I specifically directed him NOT to do - so basically outright disobedience.  Being a parent is sooooo much fun!

I would love to go back to these days:

  
But I forge ahead because God commands me to:
Proverbs 29:15 
The rod and reproof give wisdom,
but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother
.

and


Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.

He has placed a mighty responsibility before me and I must do my best to make sure my son will live his life according to God's word...so we will be spending a long weekend completely unplugged - no electronics of any kind (including TV).

I am going to let him have his computer to write his Geography report only...and something tells me that thing will be done by Monday - and done pretty well too! 

So, maybe there is a positive to this after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...