Thursday, February 6, 2014

Conversation with A Seven Year Old

Talking with a 7 year old can be rough...trying not to damage their burgeoning and fragile psyche is tricky...

As I found out today:

The first graders were working in a drawing program on the computers

Child: "How do you like my picture, Mrs. S?"  

Me:  "That is a beautiful cat"

Child: "It's not a cat"

Me:  "Oh... yes...I see that now.  I was just looking at the ears" (as I point to two pointy things on top of a mis-shapen oval head).

Child: "Those are not the ears...those are the eyes."

Me: "Yep...uh-huh, I can see that (NOT)!  Once I looked at it a leeettle longer I could definitely tell those were eyes and not ears." 

At this point I thought it was best to keep my mouth shut so I subtlely start to back away...and then:

Child: "I love frogs"

Me:  " I can see that...you drew a beautiful frog."

Child: "Thank you." 

YES!!!!!  Conversation over.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...