Monday, February 17, 2014

Afterwards

The exact minute the buzzer sounded at the end of the game, Zack broke down in sobs.

I was thankful he was in the game for the final couple minutes or he surely would have been on the bench creating a spectacle.  

As it was, he was distracted enough by playing that he held it in until the spotlight was no longer on him.  
Brotherly hug in the gym

I was so touched to see Jon comforting his brother. They do love each other.

After the game, the team moved to the locker room where Zack gave quite an emotional speech and then they all gathered around him and chanted his name over and over.  I wish I could have been there for that.

When I walked in, he was in an embrace with one of his teammates - truly touching.
The one whose back is turned to the camera is the one who was hugging him

I was not able to get a picture of the hug but I did get great pictures of him with his coaches.
swollen, red eyes from crying


Neat story:  the bigger guy on the right has been Zack's coach for the past three years.  But the guy on the left, I graduated from high school with and he just put his kids in our school this past year. It was such a surprise to see him.

These two men have been fantastic.  Wonderful, godly role models for the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...