Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sochi Has Problems



Okay...I confess.  I did not even realize that this was a winter Olympic year until this past Friday when one of the 6th grade girls asked me if I watched the pairs figure skating event the evening before.

***At which time I really showed my age by showing them youtube videos of the greatest figure skating duo of all time - Gordeeva and Grinkov.***

But, I digress... today I was watching some of the Olympics and I became aware of - shall we say issues - that have occurred within the Olympic venue.

Twitter lit up with pictures and captions that were simultaneously hilarious and terrible at the same time.


Some one was stuck inside the bathroom with no phone so he had to break down the door

Light fixtures falling from the ceiling

Welcome to my room...have a seat in one of my chairs.  Very comfortable

Doorknobs falling off

Curtains falling down

No comment needed



Again...no comment needed

Water is restored,,,drink at your own risk. On the plus side - at least I now know what dangerous water looks like

Forced to play basketball with a waded, used piece of toilet paper

Do the motels have wireless internet?  Maybe.

It's not an Olympic event so seats are still available

Um....speechless
Something's just not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...