Wednesday, July 24, 2013

On Second Thought

So.....I had great plans to mow the front lawn yesterday afternoon.  But....when I saw the temp was a whopping 63* I abandoned those plans.

Instead, I grabbed my laptop, went down to our family room, turned on the big screen TV, and curled up to work on some lesson plans for the first couple weeks of school (yes, I'm a nerd like that... about this time I get very excited about school starting).

 I was kinda watching the TV  whenthe show was interrupted and on the screen was a view of a hospital room door. 

For 15  minutes or more the camera never deviated from its position aimed at the front door...waiting for the "royal" family to step out with that new baby.

My first thought was, "great... this is a total waste of time."

 But...I was too lazy to get up and get the remote so I decided to just watch.

Now, admittedly, I have not followed the royal family for years.  My views of them were shaped years ago and basically were:

- stuffy
- uncomfortable in public
- not very friendly
- and (let's just be honest here) not very attractive to look at.

Imagine my surprise when these two walked out:


Oh My goodness...they were too cute (he has his mother's good looks and smile).  Even taking the added measure to color coordinate their clothes to match the gender of their new baby.  And how happy do they look? 

 They came down the steps and answered some questions for media - and with humor I might add.

Totally unexpected.

Totally different.

I am still not a big fan of "royal" families...but I guess I can be more objective when interrupting  Dr. Phil is not involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...