Monday, July 1, 2013

A Beautiful Day

Today was gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

It was actually a carbon copy of yesterday but yesterday I spent most of the afternoon running errands so I wasn't able to enjoy the day.

Today, however, Zack and I went to enjoy the local pool.  We had gone one other time this year but it was so cloudy and windy that time that we didn't enjoy it - or stay long.




One of the reasons I love going to the pool is that it gives me an excuse to just sit around and read.  If I'm home, I always feel like I should be doing something like laundry, cleaning, mowing the lawn, weeding the garden, trimming trees, etc. 

But at the pool I can just sit and relax and read without the pressure of feeling like I should be doing something else!




Later, after dinner, I took Ollie out to Terrell's Island for a walk. 

After the initial "excitement" where Ollie trapped a little innocent chipmunk and then pounced on the poor thing when he tried to make a run for it!  (I made him drop and I think the chipmunk was okay?)  We enjoyed our walk.



I don't know why...but these birds made me think of Finding Nemo..."mine...mine...mine"

 Looking forward to more beautiful days this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...