Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Breathing

I haven't brought this up in a while but it is not because anything is better...quite the opposite is true.  

Fact is, for the past few months I have had to take narcotics on a pretty consistent basis to get any kind of relief from the pain I feel in my chest.  As long as I do this...I feel normal.  But as soon as I do not take anything for a few days in a row...the pain comes back.  It is a constant pain coupled with shortness of breath.

The bronchoscopy in May yielded no definite answers so, after much googling and online research, I have decided to go with the diagnosis (given to me in January 2005) that makes the most sense to me and fits my symptoms the best...lung scarring. 

It makes sense given the number of times I have had pneumonia and bronchitis in my life...not to mention the countless respiratory infections.  And it would explain the constant pain.  

Good news is that my doctor is on board with ordering a CT of my lungs which will, once and for all, give me this answer!!!!

Bad news is that there is no cure, no improvement, and no treatment other than what we are already doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...