Friday, September 7, 2012

Mostly Words

Ah...Friday.

The Christmas Eve of the weekend.  I've never been a big weekend person - other than the fact that it's nice to sleep past 6:30.  I am one of the fortunate people who love what they do!

HOWEVER...performance issues in the Computer Lab lately have been close to driving me over the edge.  To put it in perspective...I have already had more issues to deal with this year - even though we are only three weeks into it - than  I had all last year. Some things are easily fixable and some not. As of today:
- I am awaiting a used copy of KidPix I purchased yesterday to install on four Computers that are (all of a sudden this year) having problems with the program. Easy fix.
- Spent most of the day updating the Typing Master Program on the server...deleting students who are no longer at the school...adding the new students, and bumping all the students up to the next grade level.  Easy fix but time consuming.
- Spent the remainder of the day updating the school website and communicating with the school secretary via pass a note trying to find a URL address to link a document to.  At the first she sent it to me only as a PDF file. Easy fix just more time consuming.
- Two of my Computers are without internet and I am at a loss as to why.  Without internet the students cannot access the Typing Master program.  Technical support will come in on Monday to try and determine why. Not such an easy fix for me...I am hoping an easy fix for them.
- One Computer is refusing to re-boot after freezing up. I am assuming that since I sent technical support a service ticket for that three days ago and it is still on the same boot-up screen, that it is NOT an easy fix for them either.
- I am still refusing to acknowledge Photoshop after spending more than 10 hours trying to get that to work. NOT an easy fix. 

Otherwise...things are going great!!!!

Jon started classes Wednesday...missed his first day because of a bus mix-up...but is now on the right track.  He also got a job! Making phone calls to raise funds for the Republican Party...ahem...my little Democrat.  We had a good laugh over that one.

The house is too quiet tonight as C.J. and Jon are both gone at their Uncle's house.  I can't believe C.J. leaves in 9 days already.  That seems impossible.  

My aunt sent me this picture from my parent's anniversary.
I don't have many pictures of my husband and me together other than our wedding...so this was nice.

Zack is doing well in school this year so far.  I haven't had to help him at all.  He has taken the initiative to do all his homework and all his studying on his own.  Pretty happy about that.  He also has become quite a popular guy among his classmates.  I cannot believe this is the same kid I had to bring back to 4th grade 3 years ago because of peer issues.  But, I think, that may be a post for a different time.
Until then...

Happy Weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...