Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, C.J.

I'm fairly certain that the most defining moment of my life happened 21 years ago today when, at 1:54 p.m., a 6lb 8 oz miracle was placed into my arms.  


He immediately snuggled into my chest and filled a void that I didn't even know existed. But, at that moment, I knew nothing in my life would ever be the same.


I'm pretty sure I can safely say that it was also the best moment of my life (repeated two more times with the arrival of his brothers) but, at the time, it was definitely the best moment I had ever experienced.


 It's a crude analogy but a newborn is similar to an artist's fresh canvas. And just as the artist stares and this blank canvas and dreams of what his finished product will look like...I remember spending hours gazing at C.J. wondering what kind of man he would grow up to be...hoping that he would absorb the best of everything he was taught so that he would become a polite, respectful man who, at the same time, would feel comfortable stating his opinions and ideas even if they were not in line with everyone else's.  The perfect combination of a leader and a follower.
It's surreal to sit back now and realize that he IS a young man and he has made this momma so proud of the man he has become. 


Although, at times, I can't help but still think of him as my little boy...
I guess that's what he'll always be to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...