Friday, July 13, 2012

Picture Memories

On my agenda last week when I was visiting my parents was to peruse through their photo albums and steal pictures so that I could make a slide show for their 50th wedding anniversary.


Among them I found these two pictures.



Taken on January 1, 2003 they show how we spent our New Years Day that year - in the pediatric intensive care unit at Halifax Memorial Hospital in Daytona Beach.


In the top picture C.J. is receiving his life-saving pints of 0+ blood to replace the massive amounts of blood he lost after having a tonsillectomy two weeks prior. 


There is a whole story that involves visiting the ER a week earlier than this only to be told that the bleeding was normal (say what???) and not to worry about it...discharged after a whole 20 minutes...but I won't get into that here.  I also will not mention the doctor (and I STILL remember his name - will never forget it) who told us these words that nearly took the life of my son!


Nope - focusing on the positive...C.J. rebounded very quickly after this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...