Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me


When I was little, my dad would watch Hee Haw on Saturdays.  There was a part in the show when four men would sing a song which included the words, "if it weren't for back luck, I'd have no luck at all,"  and, boy, those words could be printed on a tee-shirt for me wear!  


Just in the past week:

- the battery in my small camera has now died too!  Yes...I am telling the truth!   Now, I have no camera at all.  I've researched a battery for my Nikon and they are not that expensive - but still not in the budget until the middle of the month.   

- my car insurance deducted $150.00 too much last week from my checking account and overdrew my account.  They kindly acknowledged their mistake and paid my overdraft fee but adamantly refused to refund the money saying they could only apply it as a credit to my account, leaving me short on rent this month.  FINALLY, yesterday, I was able to speak with a manager who agreed to a refund but it will take a couple business days for the money to make it to my account so I had to borrow money from son to make my rent payment!!!   I couldn't make this stuff up!  

- Today, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I was sitting on the ground at recess talking to one of my students when I was absolutely hammered in the head with a basketball.  It was thrown so hard it knocked me completely over and I was left unable to even sit myself up for a couple minutes.  I am pretty sure I have a slight concussion but not gonna bother going to the doctor.  All I remember is feeling like I was hit with a hammer and then hearing the teachers screaming at the girl while she is apologizing over and over to me.  Turns out she was mad at someone and trying to hit them with the ball - got me instead.  I am still feeling it right now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...