Saturday, May 13, 2017

Confessions

Since I do not have a camera and my life is nothing but a bottomless pit of nothingness...I thought I would just state some random, meaningless confessions.  

1). I am not sad that the school year is almost over.  Sure, I love my kids and there are some that are so good and I will miss them terribly.  But, as a whole class, they never really reached the bar I set for behavior.  On a daily basis we are still experiencing endless talking, constant tattling (and I stand by my rule of NEVER saying, "stop tattling"- most of the time I just listen say something useless like, "really" or "oh"and they seem satisfied), and the drama- oh the fighting and drama.  Of course, I love every one of them as they are but they are just SO! MUCH! WORK!   

2). There are certain things I will miss like the little bits of humor they bring to my day.  Like the other day when I was talking about my Italian-speaking grandfather and some of the Italian things he would say to me.  One of my boys then says (as serious as can be), "my dad knows how to speak pig Latin."  

3).  I selfishly enjoy seeing proof of academic growth in my students.  It gives me a sense of satisfaction that I did my job well.  Based on the end of the year testing, 10 of my students experienced a growth of over 105% in Reading and of over 85% in Math.  As a reference, 50% would be average growth.  My lowest reader, who actually could not read at all at the beginning of the year, went from the 2% to the 26%!   

4). Sometimes I use a metal spoon in a Teflon pan - just because I can!  Only my sons will understand that one. 

5). I watch Downton Abby far more than I probably should. I don't have cable anymore, and Youtube, Netfllix, and Amazon are okay, but, for some reason, I never tire of watching Downton Abbey.  I have seasons 1-5 and will watch anywhere from 1-3 episodes every night.  I need to get my act together and get season 6.  

6). I've become the "squirrel lady."  They wait for me to come home, follow me up the stairs, and wait outside my door for peanuts.  A couple times when we left our door open, they walked right into my apartment!  

There you go...6 random, nonsense, confessions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...