Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Work Gig

When I was hired by Universal there were apparently not many options for me with the "time restrictions" that I had.  Eventually he was able to find a spot for me at the Comic Strip Cafe.  The official title is "server" but it could also be called "expediting food. "




There is the normal stuff like chicken, fish, burgers, hot dogs...
The process is like most food places found at themed industries - food is ordered through a cashier who handles the money. Then a machine, hooked up to a register, spits out the order...which is where I come in.  I am responsible for looking at the order and gathering all the food and drink items, putting them on a tray and calling out the ticket number.  Handing over the tray with a smile on my face and then adding some friendly words in here and there.  
The cafe is known for it's Asian cuisine...this is beef and broccoli but there's also char sui chicken and sweet and sour chicken.  



I was technically supposed to be training Thursday, Friday, and Saturday but after only about an hour I was ready to be on my own.  The most difficult part is when the kitchen can't keep up with the orders so there is a wait for the food.  Sometimes costumers are not too happy about that and, being the front person, we're usually the ones they get upset at.  
A cookie bigger than your hand is a must have
But that doesn't happen often and mostly, people are pretty understanding and, of course, if I maintain a smile and positive attitude, they usually will too.  So far, I am loving it. Everyone I work with is extremely kind and friendly. The managers are constantly walking around asking how things are going and how you are doing! Because they really do care.  
The cafe also offers chicken alfredo, spaghetti, and ceasar salads
On three separate occasions I have been carrying a box through the kitchen for restocking and the male cooks have taken it right out of my hands and carried it for me.  One guy actually stayed with me and handed me the items I was restocking!  Very kind. 

So far so good.  

****All images from google****


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...