Saturday, March 15, 2014

We've Been Hit

By the flu bug.

It actually all started on Wednesday evening.  We had just gone to bed when Zack came in and said he had thrown up. As a side note...this is the first time he has ever thrown up that was not related to taking medication. Pretty fortunate I'd say.  And still pretty fortunate since he only did that one time and then never again.

Thursday morning I was considering making him go to school because I'm mean like that, but he was feeling warm and had a slight temp (100.3*).  It wasn't a terrible temp but at the time I had no idea whether it would get higher as time went one so I let him stay home.  As it turns out, that is as bad as it got for him.  

I thought we had dodged a bullet. 

Oh foolish me.  How very wrong I was.  

Last night Hubby had gone to bed early (8:30).  He's working days this weekend and has to be up by 3:45 am when he works days.  I was still awake watching TV when he came downstairs about 11:00 and said his stomach felt funny and thought he was getting sick. The weird thing was...I was feeling the exact same way.  

Well, yep...within a half hour we were both in a bathroom vomiting.  I was in the downstairs bathroom and could hear him right above me.  

We did not fare quite as well as Zack did.  Between 11:30 and 5:00 hubby was in the bathroom 5 times and me 6.  I also woke up with that same low grade fever Zack had.   

Needless to say Hubby is not a work today.  He is still in bed.  I am up and have been sucking on Popsicles all morning.  Add some Tylenol for the fever and body aches and I'm feeling much better right now.  

I will probably take a nap soon since I only slept a total of about 3-4 hours last night.

Hopefully Jon does not get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...