Friday, August 26, 2011

What A Way To Spend A School Day


Swimming






                              
                             Basketball








                                   
                                         Games
Pictionary






Scavenger Hunt






Gorilla/Warrior/Damsel in distress (a chasing game)



and a nighttime campfire with smores






For the past two days our middle and high school students, along with some selected teachers, have been up at Northern Grace Youth Camp on a retreat.


And even though I wasn't thrilled about the overnight aspect (I don't function well without sleep), and even though I had to give up my days off, I had a great time - as did the kids.


I stayed in a cabin with my discipleship group which included two 6th grade, two 7th grade, and two 8th grade girls.  A fantastic group!


This was our cabin:


I was more than excited to see that I had my own room - complete with an air conditioner and a fan - really roughing it!


So, at 11:00 I turned out the lights, went to my room, and let the girls whisper and giggle while I slept.  I got about 7 hours of good sleep - which is 5 or 6 hours more than I was expecting.


This was the girls' room:



They also had an air conditioner in their room.  As I found out... not all the cabins had air conditioning so we really were fortunate.



Our theme for this year is Love 2 Serve so we spent a lot of time talking about how we can show love and serve not only our peers, but also the people within our community and beyond. 


I think everyone had a great time and, all in all, it was a great way to spend two whole school days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...