Saturday, September 3, 2011

Goodbye Son

I knew this day was coming... even before I knew which college Jon would pick, I knew the day was coming when he, too, would leave home.  The day when our already less than full house would become a little emptier.  


There was an excitement, mixed in with a tad bit of nervousness, as we left for Platteville this morning.  


The three hour drive was filled with conversations about everything from foreign policies to why earthquakes happen to the new life that awaited Jon. 


The topography changed from flat farmlands to deep rolling hills and highways cut through rocky landscapes.


Then we arrived:






....and checked in with his dorm monitors... and we unloaded the car and hauled everything up to his fourth floor room - yes, his room HAD to be on the top floor! And it HAD to be 87* today too.


We unpacked his things and put everything in drawers and on shelves, I made his bed up with the custom made bedding they make you buy because the mattresses are extra long, and the room looked great... but there was no camera....I had left it in the car.


We then went to lunch and did some last minute shopping and by the time we returned, camera in hand...ready to take pictures... Jon's room mate arrived and his stuff was strewn all over the place and pictures of his room were not going to happen.


So I got one of him outside his dorm instead.


And this is his dormatory building





Zack found this swing outside the dorm 




We walked around campus, said our goodbyes, and left for home.  When I called Jon about 9 at night, he and his room mate were chilling in their room watching college football.


Zack and I plan to visit next month so hopefully I'll get some room pictures then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...