Monday, July 11, 2011

20 Wonderful Years

Twenty years ago today...at exactly 1:54 p.m... the doctor placed a screaming 6 pound 8 ounce baby boy in my arms.  In an instant my life had forever changed and I was completely unprepared for the instant love that I would feel for this tiny human being. He was beautiful and every area of his body from his nose to his toes was perfectly, wonderfully, and fearfully made.


Ignore the fat, ugly, fatigued mother and look at the beautiful, perfect baby
  When we left the hospital two days later I couldn't believe they were letting me take him home.  I kept looking behind me as we headed for the door thinking that, at any moment, someone would run up and tell me "sorry, ma'am, that is not your baby...you can't take him."  I thought, at the very least, someone would wake me up from the dream I was living... because it was all too good too be true.
Yet, it WAS true... and as the days went by...I fell more in love with this boy never realizing how proud of him I would be... and certainly never realizing just how incredibly fast it would all go.   I would sometimes steal glimpses of him and wonder what kind of a man he would grow up to be.   


one year  old

two years old


three years old


four years old

five years old

six years old
seven years old

eight years old

nine years old
Sadly, I do not have a picture of his tenth birthday because he spent it in Wisconsin while I was in Florida.  Birthdays 11 and up are harder to find since they are not in albums yet...and i wasn't with him for some of those birthdays but i will try to locate what I have and post them next time.


I love you, baby boy...  you'll always be my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...