Monday, June 6, 2011

June is Here

Well, summer is almost here.

There is NO mistaking that this is my favorite season... and not just because my chosen profession takes an extended vacation (paid nonetheless) over the summer months...no... it's something more... there is something about bare feet, and bronzed body parts, popsicles and  bbq's,  the feel of soft green grass between your toes and the smell of coconutty scented sunscreen that makes me feel happy.

I will spend my summer enjoying more time with family and friends, more lazy days in the sun, and more late evening sunsets.

Along with summer comes more big changes to our family.  Although it has been over a year since the six of us have lived together under this roof... we have had a continuing revolving door of visiting and leaving children.  The month of June will see C.J.  back for a visit, Jon off for a summer in Orlando, and Lauren coming and going flipping between her mother's house and ours as the mood strikes her.  

I have begun to repeat my "high on life" creed lately which includes some notations to enjoy this moment and soak up the sights and sounds.  To enjoy watching my boys embrace their lives as they go out into the world and chase their dreams.  To know that, despite the numerous mistakes I made while raising them, they seem to be basically unscathed.  To be honest, I didn't always know the perfect thing to say when they had questions or needed a lesson, but what mistakes I did make were hopefully overshadowed by LOVE.  

Jonathan graduated yesterday...something two years ago I wasn't sure was going to happen!  Anyway, I want to write a post specifically dedicated to that but, as of now, I have no pictures.  For reasons I won't  mention here... I did not have a camera!  So, I have to rely on others (ex-husband and step-daughter) to get me their pictures... and I'll write the post then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...