Monday, December 30, 2019

All About That Lightning Game



It's no secret that the Lightning have been wildly under-performing this season, so when I was summoned to use the available ticket my son had, my expectations were not high. 

Nevertheless, we headed down to Tampa on December 23. Traffic on I4 was worse than usual and did not thin out till we passed Champions Gate, but we still had time to stop at Five Guys for dinner. 



Love those free peanuts --- I take them home for the squirrels.

Walking through downtown Tampa on the way to Amalie, I am always intrigued by the Regions Bank. It looks like a house on the top of a building. 





While I wasn't expecting much, the game ended up being probably the best, most comprehensive game I've seen them play. 

They scored early (on the first shot actually) and often.  

Before the game, we always put bets on who will score first. This time, all three of us picked Point --- and all three of us were correct!



At the end of the 1st period it was already 3-0 



They added two more in the 2nd period



And another in the 3rd for a 6-1 win. 

Not a good game for poor Bobrovsky. But since he played like a madman in the playoffs shutting down the Lightning's offense, I didn't feel all that bad.  


Fun evening --- always better when we can enjoy a win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...