Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day Off

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready to leave for school, I got a text that there had been an accident across the street from our school that had knocked down the telephone poll and our school had no power.  

Our principal said she would be contacting the power company to get an estimated time of restoration so I waited for another text which said that power was predicted to be back on by 7:45.  

I immediately thought of texting something like, "well that means about 10:00" but then thought that sounded a bit too snarky so decided against it.  

To make a long story short...power was not turned on by 7:45 - or even by 10:00.  In the end, they had to replace the entire telephone pole and power was not restored until about 6:00 in the evening.  

This meant an unexpected day off of school.  I decided to take advantage of this and FINALLY take down the Christmas tree and clean. 



I also did about 6 loads of laundry...when someone would let me fold the clothes.

Sometime around 3:30, I got sidetracked for about an hour.


I'm telling you, she would lay there all day and night if you would let her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...