Saturday, October 28, 2017

Saturday Interrupted

Saturdays have become quite routine for me and I have come to love them.  I usually work from 10-12 on Saturdays so getting up at 9:15 and rushing out of the house is not always appreciated but, once work is over, its home for a quick walk with the dog, a small something to eat, and then a dramatic flop into bed for a long afternoon nap.  When I wake up, I take Ollie for another walk, put a pizza in the oven, and watch a movie while working on stuff for school.  

Last week on Saturday, in the middle of my afternoon snooze, I got a call that the oldest was on his way to the emergency room with a kidney stone. I decided to forego the nap and went to the hospital to sit with him.  

He was at Orlando Regional Medical Center in downtown Orlando. On the positive, the doctors and nurses were very nice and the personal treatment he received was good.  On the neg. I was pretty clueless as to why, with a 67 room ER department, he was put on a stretcher in the hallway.  


After a CT scan revealed the stone was small and should cause no problems for him, we were able to leave.  The entire 4 hours was spent in the hallway.  

This was C.J.'s second stone and with each one he was fortunate enough to not suffer prolonged pain and was able to pass them without medical intervention.  Jon has also already had one and, judging from the fact that their dad is prone to get stones, it probably will not be their last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...