Monday, October 9, 2017

Our New Family Member

A few weeks ago, when we were visiting my sister in Daytona Beach, a cat walked up to Zack and me as we got out of our car.  We both bent down to pet it and, instead of running away, it could not get close enough to us.  Originally, I thought it was a stray and thought about taking it home but, after talking to my sister, we found out that the cat "belonged" to the man in the apartment upstairs.  

I say "belonged" because she actually was his roommate's cat but the roommate left and, for some reason, did not take her along.  

Yesterday, we went to Daytona again and the cat was again outside.  And, according to my sister, she had been outside for a whole week now not being taken care of.  My sister had taken over feeding her and making sure she had milk and water to drink.  She also had had something similar to scabies that went away after she started to be fed regularly.  

Anyway, long story short, we decided to take her home and love her and give her a good home.  She is a very nice cat.  She is not shy at all and loves to be held and pet.  She purrs constantly.  The only problem is..Ollie.  

Ollie LOVES all living creatures and thinks that they love him too.  He has no regard for personal space and will be overbearing in his offer of friendship so, for now, we are keeping the cat in Zack's room and will occasionally put Ollie in my room with the door shut so she feels safe to explore the rest of the apartment.  

So...meet Sadie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...