Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Bane(s) of my Driving Existence

I never had road rage until I moved to Orlando but I swear, driving in this city (and really, the whole state) is enough to make even the mildest of mild mannered people looooooose it!  

Here are a few of my driving pet peeves...and, unfortunately, I experience these on an almost daily basis. 

1.  My number 1 pet peeve is without a single doubt, people who ride the right lane when they are not passing anyone.  And - HELLO people- it is against the law.  I have no problem honking at these people as I pass them on the right.  This, however, embarrasses my kids greatly.  

2. People who see a cop on the side of the road and decide that slowing down to 10+ miles under the speed limit is good idea.  I guess they think they will be issued a speeding ticket for going the speed limit.  

3. People who do/will NOT turn right on a red light.  And I'm not talking about the lights that have 'no turn on red' signs present. I wish I was kidding. UGH.

4. When a light turns green and a driver has like three car spaces between them and the car in front of them because, I am guessing, they don't know which pedal is the accelerator!  In this city where lights last fooorevvver, I say to myself, "three more cars could have gotten through this light."  

5. People who SLOW DOWN when they see a green light.  And OMG it happens all the time.  Again, lights last fooorevvver and I get behind these people that slow down to 30 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. Than, after they are through the light, they speed back up and I am usually left to sit through the a fore mentioned red light that takes fooorevvver.  

6. People who move over and ride a right turn exit only lane in a traffic jam to get a head of a grand total of 5 or 6 cars and then need to get back in the correct lane.  I call them 'the entitled ones'.  

7. Finally, people who weave in and out of traffic on the interstate.  That's how accidents happen people.  And Orlando has multi accidents every single day. 

Well...that about covers it.  Makes my blood boil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...