Friday, July 28, 2017

New Classroom

I have a different room this year...same floor but down the hall. Bonus: it's much bigger than the room I had last year.  Double Bonus: The intercom works in this room so I'll actually be able to hear morning announcements this year - and know when we're having lock down drills. Yep...last year we did not participate in one of the lock down drills because I had zero knowledge that one was taking place!  You can imagine how grateful I was that it was just a drill.  

 I've spent a couple days this week working at school to get my room in order and I am about 90% done.  

These pictures were taken very early in the process so they are nowhere near the finished product. 





I'll get pictures next week of the finished room.  There will be four 2nd grade classrooms this year.  My partner teacher from last year moved to New York so the three remaining positions were going to be taken by one of our 1st grade teachers (last year) who wanted to move up a grade, and the two 5th grade teachers (last year) who wanted to move down.  

However, in the past couple weeks, both of the 5th grade teachers have resigned/quit/got fired (not sure which one) so two new teachers need to be hired.  This leaves me as the team  lead this year.  I'm not to sure about that title since common core still confuses/frustrates/angers (all three) me.  

Hoping for a great school year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...