Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Hooray for an Unexpected Day Off

I was somewhat stressing over how I would make it through this week.  

My second job combined with parent teacher conferences was equaling a verrry long week for me. 

It looked something like this:
Monday: School 7:30-3:30
               Tutoring 5:00-7:00

Tuesday: School 7:30-3:30 
                The only night off...C.J. came over and we watched   Breaking Bad and he treated us to pizza.

Wednesday: School 7:30-3:30
                     Tutoring 6:00-8:00

Thursday: School 7:30-conferences
                  Conferences 3:00-6:00 (sporadic)

Friday: School 7:30 - conferences
             Conferences 3:00-6:00 (sporadic)

So yeah...busy.  

Today, as I drove to school, I noticed the busy road in front of the school was closed.  I could not turn left on the street so I had to turn around and drive through a couple parking lots to actually get to school.  Once I parked, I noticed that the building was completely dark and everyone was standing outside.  Across the street, a utility truck was parked and people were working on a downed utility pole.  

There was uncertainty for the first 15 minutes or so about what they day would look like but we soon learned power was not expected to be restored until at least 1:00 which meant we were not able to have school.  

Thankfully at the time there were only a handful of students there that had been dropped off. We had to wait around for them to be picked up but, once they were gone, we got to leave and enjoy an unexpected day off.  

I just wish the day off would have been able to include sleeping in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...