Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Yeah...it Didn't Happen.

Does that surprise anyone?  Sadly, it didn't surprise me.  

After waiting the ENTIRE 30 days of their "estimated completion time" of 30 business days, I was politely denied a teaching license from the state of Florida.  

The reason?

I applied for an Elementary Teaching License (K-6) and my original degree was in Early Childhood Education (Pre-K - 3) which is what my transcripts stated.  I later went back and extended the degree to include (1-8) but that is not stated in the original transcripts I sent them!  

Ugh!!!!!

Now I have two choices;  Apply again but this time apply for an Early Childhood Certificate.  This will cost another $75.00 for the application fee and will take an additional 30 business days to process.  Or get my transcripts sent that state I took the necessary classes that would make me eligible for the elementary license.  This will also take an additional 30 business days to process but also add a week or two for the transcripts to even reach them.  

Neither option is viable right now so I really don't know what I am going to do.   

Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...