Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Twenty-One...

I still cannot figure out how my kids continue to get older but I don't.   I have been 27 for what seems like forever.  Oh well, one of the great mysteries of life that I will not question!


Anyway, today our little (or not so little) Jonathan David is 21.  How did that happen?  I remember the day as if it happened yesterday...

Jon was not due to arrive until November 19 but because we had a little almost 16 month old at home, and because my mom had a day off of school on the 6th and could stay with the little one...the doctor agreed to induce.

Everything seemed perfect.  Except I got the flu on the 4th.  Sick.as.a.dog. vomiting...fever...the works.  Though I was better by the 6th, I decided I was too weak and we needed to postpone. My doctor did not agree. 


Actually, he said we could...but I probably would not even make it through the weekend without going into labor on my own (the 6th was a Friday).  So, I went with it.

My plan was to get the Pitocin started, get that epidural going, take a nice refreshing nap, and be energized for the big moment.  God's plan was to bless me with a two hour labor so, yeah, by the time the epidural was in place there was no time for a nap.



At 10:08 am on Friday November 6, 1992...this little 6lb. 6 oz. bundle of pure heaven was placed in my arms and OH...MY...GOODNESS...the instant love.  Love that only other moms can understand.

It has been such a wild ride since.  Jon brings such joy and excitement to our family.  He has, from the beginning, been such a strong-willed child.  But he has used that strong will in such a positive way as he has made choices throughout life with little regard to peer pressure.  He makes me proud every day and we are are so grateful for you, Jon!

I feel so blessed that God chose me to be your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...