Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Family Room

Continuing with the house tour we now move to the Family Room.

This is probably my favorite room in the house. It is also probably the room I spend the least amount of time in.  

It is pretty much meant for the kids so they're down there the most but I do enjoy curling up on the couch by the fireplace in the winter time.

Oh yeah...and watching football games on the big screen TV.

As you're walking down the stairs, we have a couple packers pictures on the wall.

The Super Bowl picture with the WWF belt we bought from a friend.  Supposedly, there were only a handful of pictures printed with the belt before the WWF prohibited any further printing based on copyright infringements. It is printed on canvas and have been assured that it will increase in value through the years.

The Favre MVP picture I won in a raffle for one $1.00 ticket.  It is autographed - although, sadly, the autograph is fading.

A couple different views:
Stalking dog

Gator decor not a normal part of the room


The lovely green chair is what the kids use all the time.  It is actually very comfortable.

The original color we had chosen for this room was the darker color on the bottom part of the back wall.  However, once we put it on the wall, it was a bit too dark so we decided to use it as an accent color.  I am really happy with the way it turned out.

The decor is outdoorsy.  I ordered two of these lamps from a magazine a few years ago and love the pine cone accents.

They fit perfectly in the room.

I also love the way the way the fireplace turned out. 

Hubby picked out the type and the materials for it and I admit I was a bit hesitant about his choice at first.  But it looks great and fits in with the color and decor of the room.

My great-grandmother's sewing machine.  It still works.

The Gator things are not part of the room (normally) but were added by Zack this past weekend. I don't have the heart to remove them as he is so proud of what he has "added to the room."  I'm hoping to be able to discreetly remove them when I put out the Christmas decorations in a couple weeks.




Too bad the Gators are going nowhere this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...