Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gator/Badger Basketball Game

Last year we found out that the Florida Gators were coming to Madison to play the Wisconsin Badgers in basketball.  So naturally I told the boys (mostly Zack) that we would go. 

Most people think I like the Gators because I used to live in Florida but actually I started liking the Gators in the mid 1980's when, as a freshman in college, I went to Florida for Spring Break.  Four busloads of students went and the bus I was on was named the Gator bus and, at the time, my friend was a student at the University of Florida so she came to visit me and brought along all her Gator stuff.  Thus, my like for the Gators began.  

Then, when you live in Florida, you pretty much have to choose between Florida, Florida State, or Miami...so that was a no-brainer.  And my like escalated to love.  I have transferred that love to two of my three kids so 2/3 isn't bad.

We started the evening by having dinner at the Cracker Barrel.  One of our favorite places to eat. Then we drove past the Capital Building to get the Kohl Center.


Best picture I could get because I was walking.  It was way to cold to stop for a picture


Our seats were not just in the "nosebleed section" they were in the "gushing nosebleed section."  


Second row from the top


We were surrounded by half Gator supporters and half Badger supporters.  The guy next to me was a very "touchy" person.  He was extremely nice but he had to touch either my arm or my back every time he talked to me...funny.  The guy sitting next to Zack would vocalize a string of obscenities every so often when the Badgers would do something wrong or the refs would make a bad call.

The game itself was mixed. The Gators started strong building a 16-4 lead - but then fell apart and trailed by 11 - then made a small comeback to pull within 3.  In the end, they lost by 6.  Which, for me was fine.  I like the Badgers too... Not Zack though.



He was fine though.  Not upset at all.  It was a fun, fun evening. Maybe next year we'll be able to go to more Gator basketball games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...