Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Stone #3

This time it was the hubby.

I'm getting pretty good at recognizing the symptoms...well pretty much when someone is in the bathroom expelling his breakfast into the toilet and then hunched over grabbing his back in pain - don't need any more clues than that!

Oh wait a minute...hubby obviously needs more clues than that because when I told him to get dressed so that I could take him to the ER, his response was, "it's just gas...it'll pass."

Seriously?... when is the last time anyone has ever had gas pains IN THEIR BACK?????

MEN!

He finally did get dressed and in the car but he made me drive to our doctor's office first - even though I told him they would send us directly to the ER anyway.

So we walk into the doctor's office and she tells us to go the ER - hmm imagine that!

So we got to the ER and they medicated him up with some anti-nausea, anti-inflammatory, and some pain medicine via an IV.  Amazingly, his pain went from a 7 to non-existent in a matter of a minute.  Then he spent the next hour drifting in and out of sleep while his oxygen levels kept dipping in the 70's and 80's. At one point it got as low as 69.  I thought for sure they were going to hook him up to oxygen and admit him!

But I soon realized that if I kept him awake and talking, his oxygen levels stayed around 92-94...so I just kept talking to him and asking him questions, and annoying the heck out of him.  You're Welcome!

A CT scan revealed about a 5mm stone so he should be able to pass that on his own. 

Can we be done with the kidney stones now?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...