Monday, June 24, 2013

Eight Years

Eight years ago today I married a man that, I guess at the time, I hardly knew. 

I mean we met in June 29, 2004...spent about a month together before I had to go back to Florida...had a long distance relationship for 11 months... moved here the beginning of June, 2005...and were married on June 24, 2005.

We talked very frequently and visited each other as much as our schedules would allow considering we were 1,500 miles apart...but nothing prepares you for merging two families.  We were all thrown right into the fire. 

Merging our families was sometimes hard but, in many ways, this past year has been our toughest. Dealing with chronic pain has been tougher.  My moods...my quests for answers...my attitude when answers didn't come easily...the financial obligation that comes with all the tests, medications, etc...all took their toll on our relationship.

When a spouse has health issues it is no walk in the park...it definitely qualifies for the "for worse" part in your wedding vows.  And there were times I felt a complete cloud hanging over us...but, lately, I feel the cloud lifting and the sun is beginning to peek through. 

Even though the pain has again gotten much worse since being removed from the Diclofenac (almost went to the ER last night because of the stabbing pains in the upper back but I just dealt with it until it finally subsided).  I am determined to not allow this to take control of my life or define who I am.  

and...

I am so thankful for my many blessings. 

Happy 8th




Oh my goodness we all look so young!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...