Thursday, December 1, 2011

Winter

I have a confession to make.  A confession that comes from the deep, dark parts of my soul where I have tried to hide it from even myself.

Are you ready for it?  Here it comes.  Sometimes... when I lived in Florida...I missed the cold weather!  

There.. I said it.  It is out in the open and no sense in hiding it any more.  

Now that I said it, I must also say...it wasn't often.  But at times, I missed the safe haven of a toasty warm house contrasted with the bitter cold of the air outside.  The moment when you are safely inside the confines of your dwelling, tucked into fleece footy pajamas, and snuggled under a warm electric blanket watching your favorite movie.

There were very few nights in Florida that necessitated fleece footy pajamas or electric blankets.  In fact, I never owned an electric blanket in Florida.   

Now that I am back in the frozen tundra, and have been for a few years now, those Florida memories come flooding back.  Because, beginning December 1st, we could be living that footy pajama, electric blanket scenario each and every night until March 1st - maybe beyond that.  

I feel great this year that we made it to December 1st with no snow (well, it did snow but it melted) and without wickedly cold temps.  While I am enjoying the relative balminess, my other half keeps waiting for the real weather.  The weather I've come to expect of a Wisconsin winter.  And, not to disappoint, Wisconsin seems set to deliver a cold and snowy winter according to our local newspaper.

Time to break out the fleece pajamas and electric blankets.

  
And snuggle in for the long winter ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...