Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Day of Volleyball

So, I finished with the laundry, cleaning, and garbage (we have to take our own garbage to the dump on Saturdays) in time to catch our high school's varsity volleyball team participate in their conference tournament on Saturday. Coming into the tournament there were three teams, including us, tied for conference champions with only one loss this whole season. We were under the impression, going into the day, that whichever of those three teams won the tournament, also would win the conference. Our girl's (Valley Christian), quickly eliminated one of the teams in the morning by beating them. Later in the day, when it came down to the chamionship game, it was just us and the other team with one defeat - which just happens to be a Catholic High School in our same city. There has been a friendly, but competitive, rivalry between us in volleyball for the past two years. After two very close, hard fought games, the other team walked away as the tournament champions. However, because they unfortunately had been forced to forfiet a game this year (their only loss), they did not have enough "points" to win conference champions so that title went to us! It was very nice to see both teams walk away with something and after the game we made one huge circle around the gym and prayed together. "In all things, God works for the good of those who,love Him."
On a different note, hubby gets home tonight from hunting and has the next two weeks (of weekdays) off - he will still have to work on the weekends. He has promised to help me catch up on things that need to be done around the house. And I don't have to worry about cooking meals for the next two weeks :)
By the way, it was 28* this morning with a high today of 43*! Ugh! I am definately NOT a cold weather girl. Before marrying my husband 4 years ago, I was living in Florida and enjoying every minute of it. I was convinced by my wonderful husband that "winters aren't that bad anymore" in Wisconsin. HA! NOT TRUE! I know we'll end up there again someday... all my family is there, my oldest son will attend college at Central Florida next year. And I am sure my other two boys will escape back to Florida as soon as they can too - they are always saying how much they hate Wisconsin. I have to agree. But, for now, this is where God has led me and I am pretty content despite the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...