Saturday, May 16, 2020

Week Seven (and Eight) - A Bit of Normalcy

This week brought about a slight change from the "new normal" of the previous six weeks.  A slight immersion back into society. 

On Saturday, we went to visit my parents for the first time in a couple months. I did a load of laundry, we played a few games of sequence, and then went to an actual restaurant, Manny's for pizza. 




On Sunday, we went over to C.J's. He ordered a pizza and we watched game 7 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals together. 

Tampa Bay Lightning Right Wing Martin St Editorial Stock Photo ...

Feaster says Lightning have many similarities to 2004 Cup ...


Huntington reopened this week also. Most parents are still opting for lessons through Zoom, but as teachers, we have to be in the center no matter what. I was there yesterday tutoring my student online and there were 3 students physically present. 

Also on Tuesday, I was at the Pierson Vue testing facility to take an exam that is needed for my professional teaching license. Let me just say, it should not be that difficult for someone with 30+ years of teaching experience to get a license. 

Wednesday evening I received a text from my mom that my dad had fallen outside, could not walk, and the ambulance had taken him to the hospital. Due to Co-Vid 19 rules, my mom could not accompany him. X-rays revealed a broken hip and surgery was scheduled for Thursday night. 

Broken hips have such a wide range of seriousness; especially in the elderly. The most severe breaks can result in extended hospital stays followed up by nursing home rehabs. Thankfully, my dad's was on the less severe side. He was released today already and physical therapy will take place at home. 

Zack and I were brave and ventured out to eat Friday for the first time in a couple months (besides Manny's). It was completely impromptu. We were out to do our grocery shopping, drove by Friday's, and noticed the huge sign  advertising their opening. Everything was very well controlled with tables marked for occupancy or unavailable due to social distancing, all workers wore masks, and hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes were readily available also. 

Finally, this evening was game 7 of the 2004 Stanley Cup finals.

Tampa Bay Lightning 2004 Stanley Cup-winning team: Where are they ...

Vincent Lecavalier Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup Champion www ...

Quick Strikes: a Flashback to the 2004 Stanley Cup Final with ...

We had to watch it on YouTube as our cable box stopped working this afternoon and we cannot get it swapped out until tomorrow. We are both sad it's over. It's been nice for Zack and me;  it's given us something to look forward to doing together........the Magic are doing the same thing with the 2009 season which I said I'd watch. But I really don't like watching basketball on TV and instead of winning it all, they lose in the finals, so might not enjoy it as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 HHN - An Overview

  This was my ninth Halloween Horror Nights (since there was none in 2020) and over the years, I have had many different kinds of tickets an...