Friday, May 29, 2020

It's the Last Day of School ---Sort Of

San Juan Children's Ed Foundation - Last Day of School



This year's school end seems so surreal. Any other year, I would spend the last day of school saying goodbye to my students (with plenty of hugs and tears) and cleaning out my room with "The Final Countdown" by Europe playing on repeat.  

I absolutely love my job, but would be looking forward to a life with a bit less stress, a bit more down time, and (of course) sleeping in!!!! 

In Wisconsin, summer would include trips to Upper Michigan to visit my parents, afternoons at the local pool, and days spent reading outside or mowing the lawn. 

In Florida, summer is spent putting in some hours at Universal, and once a week dinner out/Universal evenings with C.J. 

Today, I had no kids to hug...no room to clean out...and I've been sleeping in for the past two and a half months so nothing to look forward to there. 

While Universal plans to re-open June 5, I do not think they will be needing their seasonal employees this summer, so I'm not anticipating any work there. And since Universal will be working on reduced hours, closing at 6, there will not be any Universal evenings either. 

So what will the summer look like?  Hopefully I will be able to get extra hours at Huntington and C.J. brought up the great idea of having game nights in place of Universal. 

I would LOVE to go spend some time over at my parent's, but the air in their spare bedroom does not work so it makes sleeping difficult. 

For now, despite it being the 'last day of school', day to day life will not change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...