Monday, May 4, 2020

And the Beat Goes On --- Week Six

Today begins week 6 of "shelter in place". I know some consider it week 7, but since that first week I was still going into Huntington to tutor, it is week 6 for me. 

And today, Florida began what it calls a "gradual reopening". This means that restaurants and non-essential retail businesses may start operating at 25% capacity and follow the proper social distancing guidelines of spacing 6 feet apart.  But nail salons, barbershops/beauty salons, gyms, and movie theaters remain closed. The statistics derived from this "soft opening" will drive what happens next. 

For now, local theme parks continue to be closed and, if I had to guess, will probably remain that way for a while yet. I have all but given up hope of getting any summer hours this year. 

So, here's what week six looked like

- A Wednesday evening visit to C.J.'s to watch American Pie 3
American Wedding' is a pie in the face to its once-funny premise ...
Image: google

- Evening walks with Zack and Ollie. 

- Learning more Italian.  I am up to about 85 words now and 3phrases - - pleasure to meet you (piacere di conoscerti), how may I help you (come passo aiutarti) and my name is Judy (il mio nome 'e Judy).  

Watching movies. I finally got my act together and watched the Downton Abbey movie.
Downton Abbey film - Trivia, Easter eggs and fun facts you didn't ...

Was not disappointed in the movie as a whole, but was downcast when Lady Grantham revealed at the end that she was dying. 😢

Also reviving the 80's 
The Breakfast Club | Muskogee Chamber of Commerce

image ---google
St. Elmo's Fire | 75678126123 | CD | Barnes & Noble®
image --google

Fast Times at Ridgemont High In Theaters | Fathom Events


Keeping routine and ritual going. Continue to set the alarm Monday - Friday and set myself up in the living room for a day of 'working' from home. 

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 HHN - An Overview

  This was my ninth Halloween Horror Nights (since there was none in 2020) and over the years, I have had many different kinds of tickets an...