Thursday, July 11, 2019

The One Day Trip

First, I want to wish a very happy birthday to my baby boy!!!  Yes, he turned 28, but he will always be my baby. 

Each year, I travel to Wisconsin for a doctor visit. As long as I do this, my doctor continues to call in my medication for me which saves me a lot of time, money, and hassle. Plus, he has been with me from the beginning of my journey. We both will never forget the appointment on September 19 when I was in tears (yep...REALLY crying) because I could not take the constant pain anymore. At that time I was taking up to 5-6 Lortab a day and was going through about 4 jars of Icy Hot a week. 

We discussed the success some people with Fibromyalgia had experienced with Tramadol and I was 100% on board. CHANGED MY LIFE!!! The relief was immediate. Here I am almost 6 years later...pain free. 

This year the trip was a whirlwind one day affair. 

I was dropped off at the Orlando airport at about 3:45 yesterday. By the time I checked in, went through security, and took the tram over to the gate section, I hopped right in line to board and was one of the last people on the plane. The timing was perfect.  

Related image

The cheapest flight I could find routed me all the way to Denver first. That was a pretty long flight (3.5 hours). Then I had a layover in Denver that ended up being about an hour, and another 2 hour trip to Milwaukee. 

Image result for milwaukee airport

I arrived a little after midnight and my aunt and uncle were there to pick me up and brought me back to their house to spend the night. This was such a blessing as I just planned to spend the night in the airport.  

After about 5 hours of sleep, we were up and they drove me to Oshkosh for my doctor appointment. 


The appointment itself was only about 1/2 hour, then we met up with my BFF Carey and had lunch. 
Image result for two brothers oshkosh

Image result for two brothers oshkosh

My aunt and uncle also drove me back to the airport and came in and had dinner with me. 

What a different experience. 2 minutes to check in, 2 minutes to get through security!  Compare that to Orlando that had a combined time of 45 minutes.

My flight Milwaukee to Orlando was running about 45 minutes late. It ended up being a terrible flight...nothing the airline could do about it, just wicked turbulence just about the whole trip. I'm talking no let up for 5-10 minutes at a time. 

Finally landed in Orlando after midnight!  Exhausted!
Image result for orlando airport 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...