Friday, July 5, 2019

Drowning in Lemonade

I know the title sounds crazy, but it is a reference to the old saying, 'when life hands you lemons, make lemonade'. 

A confession of sorts: I'm afraid to be happy.

As sad as that sounds, it is very true. This is a conditioned response. You see, for the past four years, whenever I have allowed myself to think life is going well and I am getting closer to financial stability - - - - - - - - the hammer falls. 

The latest lemon comes in the form of  job loss. Due to several circumstances, the school board deemed the school unsustainable for upcoming school year and closed it's doors. 

I already have another job, but it's not ideal. 

  • it's for about the same amount of money I made at KCC
  • it's most likely going to be a rougher commute with heavy traffic areas.
  • it's really going to affect my Huntington job because the commute from my new school to Huntington is probably going to be 45 minutes at the least. 
The positive side:
  • At least I have a job
  • My friend, Mere, got a job at the same place so we can continue to work together. 
The negative side:

  • I will be without at least 1 paycheck; could be two. 
  • I am expecting another fight with unemployment and would be shocked if they approve my benefits immediately (without an appeal). That could take up to 3-4 weeks!!!


I could tell you all the other lemon experiences, but that would just end up sounding like I'm throwing a pity party - and, who am I kidding?  I probably am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...