Saturday, January 5, 2019

Winter Break and the Prospect of Heading Back

This break could most accurately be summed up in one word --- movies.  

Now I should mention that I am not a huge movie person. I like them ---not love them.  Honestly, the prospect of getting dressed and fighting Orlando traffic to go to a movie theater is sometimes not as appealing to me as popping my TV on and selecting Amazon Prime with my remote. 

BUT---last spring my son talked me into buying MoviePass and gosh darn it, I'm going to squeeze every last dime (and more) out of that thing. It's been a roller coaster ride with MoviePass but I don't regret buying it - I definitely got my $100.00 worth even if they've changed the parameters of the system a half dozen times.  

 I've seen Bohemian Rhapsody, Mary Queen of Scots, Favourite, Bohemian Rhapsody again, and then last night C.J., Zack, and I went to see the Spiderman movie. Plus we went over to C.J.'s twice to watch movies - You Better Watch Out and Don't Breathe. 

And just like that - we are headed back to school on Monday. I loved the break but I am more than ready. I feel so unproductive and useless when I just sit around day after day living a life of leisure.  I was not meant to live that way. 

I cannot wait to jump head first into this academic push that will lead us to the FSA and a new and improved school grade.  It's going to require commitment, solidarity, hard work, and communication but I know we are capable of accomplishing it. 

So one more day to rest and then we jump in with reckless abandon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...