Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Starting the Year Off....

So my one and only reader - my son - is upset that I never update this blog anymore and so, for him, I am going to try to make an effort to post a couple times a month. 

So let's start with what we've been up to recently....

On the first Friday of December (7th), C.J. and I walked across the street to Sea World to see the Christmas lights. 



Because I STILL don't have an acceptable camera, I could not get pictures of the actual lights but I took the following pictures from Google.






Cannot believe this has been the 4th year doing this.

Friday the 14th of December we headed to City Walk to see Bohemian Rhapsody and then finished off the evening with a milkshake from Toothsome's. 


From Google


This was one of the coldest Decembers I can remember and certainly the coldest since we moved here four years ago.  There were days Ollie didn't even want to wake up in the morning but instead stayed buried under his blanket. 

And - just because he's so darn cute. Especially with that curly hair on his ear.  And he's begging for pizza here. 

Our 3rd through 5th graders did some testing right before break and my most of the students showed great growth but my students absolutely rocked it!!!  While we are looking for a 5 point growth this time of the year, my Reading student's averaged an 11.3 point growth and my Math student's averaged a 9.6 point growth.  



It's nice to get recognition once in a while. 

For Christmas, we went to my parent's house for a couple days. We had a great time, great food, and made great memories with family. I had a nice dress on that day but had already changed into comfy clothes for the drive home. 

Then I spent the next three days putting in time at Universal Studios.  

Unfortunately, Sadie was sick when we left and I was not aware of it.  Her food was on the counter (which is where we have to keep it because otherwise Ollie would eat it all) and she was too sick and weak to jump up and get at it. So she was in pretty bad shape when we got home.  I have tremendous guilt over it. She was so weak and malnourished (on top of having a cold) she didn't move for three or four days. We had to bring her food to her and syringe feed her water. 
This was her a couple days ago when she still not feeling well. Her eyes were watering and difficult to keep open.  

Today, she has been a pretty spunky monkey and for that, I am grateful. 

Finally, yesterday C.J., Zack, and I went to Volcano Bay for a couple hours. We had so much fun. 



I'm not usually big on water parks but I love Volcano Bay.  I love that the water is heated. That makes it so much more enjoyable.  

I guess that brings us up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...