Thursday, August 10, 2017

Today I Felt Like A Complete Imbecile

Next month will mark 4 wonderful years taking Tramadol for fibromyalgia.  My current dose is 2 pills 3x a day for a total of 6 pills.  I get 180 pills per fill which equates to 30 days worth of pills.  

I last had my prescription filled on July 15 which, because July had 31 days, should have covered me until August 14.  I have NEVER taken more than 6 pills in a day so as today is August 10, I should have had 4 days of pills left for a total of 24 pills.  

But that is not what I had...I only had 9 pills left leaving me 15 pills short.  So before I went into school today, I dropped by the Publix pharmacy to have a little chat with the pharmacist.  The pharmacist wasn't there yet but the lady working made a phone call and was advised to count how many pills they had on hand to see if the missing pills were accounted for and just accidentally not dispensed. 

 Needless to say, their pill count was correct.  My response? "That doesn't surprise me.  I highly doubt it was an honest mistake."  Yes...very judgmental of me and it would come back to bite me later.  Anyway, she said she would speak with the pharmacist when he came in and see what they could do.  

By 6:00, I still had not heard from them so I stopped in again on my way home from work.  The same lady was working, recognized me, and said, "yes...we filled your prescription."  I thought she meant that they were replacing the 15 pills but when she rung it up, I realized that they went ahead and filled another 180 pills for me. This medication is outrageously expensive (thankfully I finally get prescription coverage next month) and I could not afford to pay for the full amount so I asked if I could just get the 15 for now.  She said I could but that only the pharmacist could change the already filled prescription and he was unfortunately gone for the day.  

I was ok with that and said I would just come in tomorrow to get them and then added, "and I don't think I should have to pay for them since I paid for 180 pills but obviously did not get 180 pills," and I turned and walked out.  

This evening, I decided to switch purses and there they were!  The rogue pills were at the bottom of my purse!  The cap must have come off of the bottle at some point and they must have fallen out.  (can you say idiot?)  

I called the lady at the pharmacy and told her I had found them and then, very humbly, apologized.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...