Saturday, August 19, 2017

First Week of School is Over - Well...Sort Of

This was a very unusual first week of school and I am hoping not an indication of how the school year will go.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were normal days but on Thursday, I was greeted at the door by the director announcing that we were dealing some kind of power outage that was affecting parts of the school. 

Because the outage only affected some of the classrooms (mine was not), we were originally told to gather our students from the cafeteria and double up in the unaffected rooms.  

But not five minutes later, we were told they were sending all the students home for the day.  Again, because the outage was spotty, teachers had to stay and have a non-student work day.  By noon, we had received the news that there would also be no school on Friday for students...teachers put in another work day but we were allowed to leave at noon.  

It seems that a pipe burst in the ceiling which created a short in the wire affecting the electricity.  I don't mind the work days as long as they count as school days *which I think they will* but I will be a little less than pleased if we end up having to make up those two days.  

As far as my class this year...so far it seems pretty good.  I have some super quiet and obedient students and a couple that are going to require a little of "Ms. Koeck's training program."  But truthfully, those students end up being my favorite because, by the end of the year, I can see how far they have come.  I can look back and know that I was a part of helping them learn obedience and self-control.  

Week two ahead and because of the eclipse on Monday, we are offering excused absences to all the students so it will be interesting to see how many will show up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...