Friday, June 9, 2017

Confessions

1.  I have jumped on the fidget spinner craze

I have this one:
Image result for goldfidget spinner

I actually bought it for Zack but, for him, the fascination seems to have worn off.  So, one day, it was in the car and I was aggravated because I was, once again, stopped at one of those annoyingly long stop lights so I picked it up and began...you know...spinning it...and all the frustration melted away!  Now, I make sure I have it in the car all the time and when I am stuck at a light forever (like yesterday when I was stopped for 9 minutes on the corner of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake Roads)  I have some entertainment - however mundane.  

2. I haven't cooked a "real" meal in probably 6 months or more.  Zack prefers a routine rotation of food so each week consists of macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs, noodles with Parmesan cheese , tuna helper, spaghetti, soup, or chicken flavored rice or noodles. On Saturdays we have a frozen Red Baron pepperoni pizza, and on Sundays we have pancakes (and sometimes bacon too).   I found these soups at Publix:

Image result for bear creek soupsRelated imageRelated image

For only $2.00!!!!!!! Just add water!!!  It makes 8 quarts and the soups are delish!!! I have enough to freeze for 2 more meals when I make this.  FOR ONLY $2.00!!!!!! You pay almost that much for one can of Campbell's soup.  

3). It's only the first full week of summer vacation and I am already thinking about and planning for the next school year. Of course I enjoy a nice long break over summer, but I am one of those people who just as much loves the school year (minus getting up early - I am NOT a morning person).  
Image result for schools out for summer

4). I Miss being up north...Iron Mountain to be exact.  We made some great summer memories there.  Three years ago, when we spent the whole summer there, was one of my favorite summers - even though I was completely dreading it. I can tell my mom misses it too because, for the second year, she is in a funk.  I invited her to Orlando (for a change of scenery) and she plans to come back with us after our Father's Day celebration on Sunday.  

And that's all I have for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...